About Yoga What is yoga?
Yoga is an ancient discipline originating in India that explores, develops and integrates the body, mind and spirit. Yoga stretches and strengthens muscles throughout your body, increases circulation to internal organs and glands, quiets your nervous system and improves your concentration. A true world class fitness program, this systematic method of self-care gives the practitioner vitality, health, deep relaxation and peace of mind.Are you already active? Did you know that yoga is particularly great for:
- Cyclists: develop core strength and full body flexibility for increased efficiency. Open the hip flexors that are used so much in cycling.
- Runners: prevent injuries through hip and hamstring flexibility and develop mental stamina, as well as keeping the hip flexors open and strong, allowing for more efficient running.
- Swimmers: protect shoulder joints and optimize breathing patterns, as well as strengthen the back and joints.
- Golfers: develop fluid, integrated strength and sharpen focus, as well as increase rotational ability and release neck and shoulder tension.
- Tennis/racquetball players: release neck and shoulder tension and increase rotational ability.
- Equestrians: improve balance and core stabilization.